Got a good idea?
Do you have a good idea that furthers the purpose of “Care Unbound, creating more possibilities for care in every moment”?
Need some help?
Would a long-term, interest-free loan and some mentoring support and encouragement be helpful?
We want to hear your idea – whether you’re a member of Here, (Care Unbound Ltd), know or work with a member – or are just finding out who we are for the first time as you read this.
Find out how our start-up fund could help you
We have up to £50k a year to invest on a long term interest free loan basis to any member of our organisation to deliver our purpose Care Unbound for a specific idea or project. The idea or project can come from anyone – our members, people who are connected with our members, or people we’re just connecting with for the first time.
Don’t worry if your idea is untested, we are interested in supporting you to develop a credible and compelling sense of success for your project or idea. We are not afraid of failure – it’s often where the greatest learning comes from that will help you to make your project a success.
What’s the process for applying?
The process is simple and supportive – the first step is to come and talk to us.
What you need to do
- Approach us with an idea. You can talk to a member of Here or anyone in the Enabling team for help or to test the idea.
- Build a business case. Work with them on drawing up your business case that satisfies you that the idea has a good chance of success. We will consider a repayment plan over any time period your plan thinks is sustainable.
- Seek advice. You’ll be able to get advice and support from the Here team and other experts about your business case and idea development.
- Share your idea. You’ll be invited to present your idea and repayment plan to a group of Mentors who will be the decision making body. Mentors will be chosen from your peer members and experts in the area of your chosen idea or project.
- Deliver your idea. As you get on with doing your good work, we’ll invite you to share the learning within Here and publicly. And if you need help and advice, or get into difficulty we hope that you will ask for our advice and support.
What we will do to support you
- Offer help. We will help you when you ask us to help you develop your idea.
- Offer advice. We will be honest and fair about whether we think your idea has legs and a good chance of success.
- Keep things simple. We will make the process simple to access the funds.
- Keep helping. We will offer you continuing and ongoing support.
- Be there. We will help you if you get into difficulty.
How to apply
To apply for the start-up fund:
- Read the guidance for applicants (link below).
- Get in touch with us and apply: email@example.com
You may also like
08.05.2017 | by Zoe Nicholson
Podcast: redesigning the supermarket system
28.02.2017 | by Gary Bishop
Supporting health care for homeless people in Brighton
25.11.2016 | by Carla Gilfoyle
Why being a Social Enterprise matters to Here